TxCHP Creative Black Tie
“'Creative black tie' is the dress code that allows you to have fun...Think of creative black tie as trendy black tie." - Stylecaster.com
"Although this dress code offers flexibility, it is important to keep in mind that if the event is 'Black Tie' at all, no matter how festive or creative it is, it is a formal event and your sartorial modifications should still honor the formal atmosphere of the event. Keep in mind that wearing a standard tux or an ensemble with 'black tie optional' qualities is also perfectly acceptable." - ties.com
- Dress Suit (Coordinating jacket and slacks)
- Current formal military uniform (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, etc.)
- Dress Kilt
- White dinner jacket with black trousers
- Neck tie, bow tie, bolo tie or other formal neckwear is required
- Collared, button up shirt
- Dockers or Khaki Slacks
- Denim or Jeans of any style or color
- Sports Coat
- Paramilitary Uniform (ROTC, CAP, etc.)
- Dress shoes or dress boots (leave the farm boots at home)
- No open-toed shoes
- No tennis shoes (including "formal" sports shoes of the type offered with some tuxedo rentals)
- You may bring nice, comfortable shoes for dancing. Please plan to change into them after dinner
- Dance barefoot at your own risk. If you choose to do so, you should make note of the location of the First Aid room
Tattoos and Piercings
- Tattoos that are small and/or tasteful may be allowed at the discretion of the dress check team
- Large or potentially offensive tattoos must be covered with a bandage or makeup
- Ear piercings are allowed. Clear retainers must be worn in all other visible piercings.
In the Unlikely Event...
If a member of the dress check team asks you to step out of the check-in line, they will explain their concerns to you. At this point, you have two options:
- Accept the services of our talented and supportive seamstresses who are ready to temporarily alter your attire, per our dress code, to allow you to stay at prom.
- Leave prom and change into something that complies with our dress code.
We do not want to turn anyone away due to a dress code violation. However, we reserve the right to do so and we will. Please send questions to our dress check team.